Sat, Oct 1 2011 02:37
September was an amazing month: the Pretend the World art exhibit received great fanfare with articles in Knight Foundation website, Minnesota Public Radio, Minneapolis Star and Tribune, St. Paul Pioneer Press, ABC Newspapers, the Fridley Patch (photos), ABC Newspapers(again), and many other places. My deepest thanks to Philip Noyed, Jan Elftmann, David Malcolm Scott, Jes Lee, and Peter L. Johnson for making the most stunning artwork in response to my poems, and my gratitude to Lia Rivamonte at Banfill-Locke Center for the Arts for hosting the show. I was honored to read at Drury Lane Books in Grand Marais, Magers and Quinn with Jim Moore, and Birch Bark Books with Denise Low in Minneapolis.Tweet Share
The collaborative synergy continues. Jes Lee has created videos of my poems "Japanese Garden" and "Hand Sister," He Shuman has composed a song to "Holding Her," and I will be recording poems with jazz clarinetist Sean Egan. I also look forward to teaching a one week poetry workshop for Madeline Island School of the Arts next July.
Here are my upcoming events:
- Jes Lee and I will be appearing at the Co-Kisser Poetry Film Festival at Minneapolis College of Art and Design on Saturday, October 8.
- On Saturday, October 15, I will be signing books at the Holy Cow! Press table at the Twin Cities Book Festival Saturday, October 15 from 2:00-3:00 p.m.
- I'll be leading a book club discussion at the Hennepin County Southdale Library on The White Tiger on Monday, November 14.
- On Tuesday, November 15, I'll join Poets for Peace for a reading at the St. Paul Athletic Club for Carol Connelly's Readings By Writers at 7:00 p.m.
- Ellen Lanskey and Morgan Grayce Willow will read with me at the Blue Moon in Minneapolis on Friday, November 18.